Top 7 Faux Leather Biker Shorts
For the last two summers, I have been all about biker shorts. They are my designated leggings for summer. However, it wasn’t until recently that they’ve become a must-have item for summer.
If biker shorts are my designated leggings of the summer, then what could be my designated faux leather leggings for the summer? Yep…faux leather biker shorts! With a summer twist, I can still achieve my chic faux leather leggings look.
Biker shorts are versatile and can be styled in many different ways; the same is true for faux leather biker shorts.
Trending: How to Style Joggers: 12 Easy Ways
Qualities to Look for in Faux Leather Biker Shorts
Finding a good pair of faux leather biker shorts is easier said than done. There are a few key features to be aware of when shopping for high-waisted faux leather biker shorts:
- Quality Materials: Quality materials are everything regarding faux leather biker shorts.
- A good-quality biker short will typically have nylon and either Lycra or elastane. The Lycra/Elastane is important because it will help your shorts retain their shape without stretching out during the day or when you wash them. Polyester/spandex is a typical combination of materials in low-quality faux leather biker shorts is polyester/spandex. This combination is very stretchy and durable, however, they aren’t very soft and will not provide much compression, support, or shape retention. To achieve a faux leather finish that’s not too shiny, you will want to look for a polyurethane coating.
- Not too Tight Above Knees: A lot of biker shorts, in general, are very compressive just above the knees. Some grip is good, so they don’t ride up, but too much is uncomfortable and makes the shape of your legs look strange.
- No Scrunching or Extra Fabric: Nothing is worse than extra fabric in faux leather biker shorts. They need to fit like a second skin. Otherwise, they will not only be uncomfortable but will look cheap and not put together.
- No Noise: There is a fine line between faux leather and pleather. You want to avoid cheap pleather materials that make noise every time you move!
- Not too Shiny or Leathery: You want to ensure your faux leather biker shorts have a crackly finish that gives them the perfect amount of shine, catching the light just right.
- Comfort: I was intimated about comfort concerns when shopping for my first pair of faux leather biker shorts. You want to enjoy wearing them and that they don’t squeeze you in too much or are uncomfortable when you sit down or move.
- Good Compression: Compression is everything regarding any pair of leggings or biker shorts. Some compression is good – it holds everything in. However, too much compression is uncomfortable and hides your beautiful figure.
6 Faux Leather Biker Shorts Outfit Ideas
Top 7 Best Faux Leather Biker Shorts
Commando Faux Leather Biker Shorts
- Price: $92
- Materials: Leg: 55% polyurethane 44% viscose 1% elastane, Waistband: 72% nylon, 28% elastane
The Commando faux leather biker shorts aren’t your typical workout biker shorts since they don’t have a waistband but have a seam up the middle, which doesn’t make them ideal for workouts. Commando is similar to Spanx since they are both shapewear companies. That being said, you will notice the slimming effects of these faux leather biker shorts.
Spanx Faux Leather Biker Short
- Price: $68
- Material: Body: 87% Nylon, 13% Elastane With Polyurethane Coating. Lining: 80% Polyester, 20% Elastane
If you love Spanx faux leather leggings (and love them), you are almost guaranteed to love their faux leather biker shorts. These shorts are a total compliment magnet and are ultra comfortable. They feature a contour-powered waistband to give you a flat gut and a great butt.
CRZ Yoga Women’s Faux Leather Bike Shorts
- Price: $18
- Material: Body: 71% Polyamide / 29% Elastane
CRZ Yoga has some fantastic leggings and bike shorts (for pennies on the dollar)! There are a few features that I especially love about these killer biker shorts.
First, I love the v-shaped seam above the booty that contours your rear just right. The other great feature of these biker shorts is that they are made from 29% elastane, so you will get maximum stretch and shape retention to go along with it. Last but not least, the hidden waistband pocket is the perfect size to store your essentials.
Skims Faux Leather Biker Short
- Price: $72
- Material: Body: 96% Viscose / 4% Elastane, Coated In: 100% Polyurethane
As you likely know, Skims is Kim Kardashian’s new shape-wear line. At first, I thought the front seam detail on these biker shorts was strange, but I’ve grown to like it. It elongates and slims your waist while adding subtle sex appeal.
I love the length of these faux leather biker shorts…not too short where you have to pull them down periodically but also not too long, making your legs look stubby. They have a very smooth hand. They also have a good amount of support.
I didn’t think I would like the skinny waistband, but I don’t mind it. It doesn’t dig in as most skinny waistbands do.
Poledancerka Unique Grippy Bikers
- Price: $75
- Materials: 65% Polyester, 30% Polyurethane, 5% Elastane
You might think that since these faux leather biker shorts are from a pole dancer apparel company, they would be inappropriate for anything other than a stripper pole. However, you would be wrong.
These faux leather biker shorts have great coverage as far as length, support, and high waistband. One of the best features of these faux leather biker shorts is how grippy they are on your skin. You won’t have to pull them down or adjust them. They stay put.
There is no stitching on the inside, which makes them ultra comfortable as well. They are priced at $75 but are super high quality and made in Slovenia.
Carbon 38 High Rise Biker Short in Takara Shine
- Price: $68
- Materials: 80% Nylon, 20% Lycra
Carbon 38 leggings have a cult following because of their comfortable yet sculpting support. The Carbon 38 faux leather biker shorts are sure to impress, too, with many of the same sculpting features their followers have grown to love.
The Carbon 38 biker shorts are sure to turn heads, especially since they are shinier than all of the other faux leather biker shorts in our lineup. Their technical fabric provides sculpting support that is very flattering for all shapes and sizes.
Calia Sculpt Faux Leather Biker Shorts
- Price: $70
- Materials: 83% Recycled Nylon / 17% Lycra
With a $70 price tag, Calia’s faux leather biker shorts are on the pricey side. However, I recently bought them on sale at Dick’s for only $17! Since they were so heavily discounted, I assumed they must not be good. But I was wrong. I love these biker shorts.
The faux leather sheen is subtle enough that you could even work out in them. They have just enough sculpting support without feeling too thick or uncomfortable. The waistband is wide and slimming. The seams are very subtle, so they don’t dig in anywhere. They also stay in place nicely without riding up. The length is also perfect!
Retro Gong Faux Leather Biker Shorts
At around $27, these faux leather biker shorts are a STEAL. They are constructed from nylon and elastane, so you will get a great combination of stretchiness, support, and shape retention.
One bonus is the two side pockets, which are perfect for your phone and credit cards when on the move. These faux leather biker shorts are comfortable and provide a lot of flexibility. Out of all the biker shorts in our lineup, these are the top pick for working out.
- Price: $27.68
- Materials: 88% Nylon/ 12% Elastane